Since COVID-19 has come along our lives have drastically changed. For many it has been a struggle due to the unsettling loss of wages, business closures, travel bans, shelter in place orders, and even 24 hours lock downs. Despite this, life is still happening around us and we must make the best out of an unfortunate situation. Below are some things to do to stay busy during this difficult time.
Things to do While Practicing Social Distancing:
1. Consider doing a puzzle. Recently, I found a puzzle at Target and honestly it was one of the best purchases I have made to date. Puzzles increase the production of dopamine in the brain which regulates mood, memory, and concentration.
2. Listen to an audible book. Recently, I used my credits with Amazon to purchase a few Audible books that I can listen to during this leisure time. This helps builds critical listening skills and improves focus and attention. Listening to an audio book also improves concentration.
3. Working out is still an option. Most people think that you need fancy and expensive gym equipment to get the job done. However, that is far from the truth. If you need some assistance with ideas, I offer some suggestions below.
Adjustable Ankle/Wrist Weights:
4. Yoga and meditation are also a great idea. During this time, our minds are racing leading to much fear and anxiety. Try challenging those feelings by freeing your mind of those thoughts. While the physical benefits are vast such as, increased flexibility, improved respiration, and vitality.
5. Listening to Music. Music has always been great, Music releases mood enhancing chemicals in the brain. Music can also have a direct impact on physical, emotional, and cognitive functioning.
6. Pick up a Hobby. Arts and Crafts is a good way to practice creativity and can be used to express oneself. Head to your local Michael’s or Joann’s and pick up a few items. You will be glad you did.
7. Download the Calm App. The Calm App helps if you are needing to meditate and relax, having trouble sleeping, or high stress and anxiety levels.
8. Take a Walk. Sometimes being in the house for too long can cause Cabin Fever. To prevent this, take walks around your neighborhood. Remember to continue to practice social distancing though.
9. Practice Self-Care. With all non-essential businesses closed, it can present some challenging with services such as, manicures, pedicures, waxes, haircuts, etc. Despite this, we should not let ourselves go. This is the perfect opportunity to learn how to do those tasks for ourselves. Below I have attached some links for products necessary to make this possible.
No chip Manicure Machine:
10. Properly disinfect. COVID-19 is caused by a coronavirus. Currently, illnesses range from very mild symptoms to severe, including illness resulting in death. Although, there are many other things that can be done to prevent the spread, taking time to make sure you are disinfecting can be one of the ways to combat this nasty virus.